. . . sowing division.
Disapproval outweighs approval: Rasmussen—opinion polling among likely voters
- 28% strongly approve, 40% strongly disapprove, while 51% generally disapprove
- 49% say our best days are behind us
- 75% of the people want the Federal Reserve audited
- 53% say healthcare reform will mean price increases, and 50% say quality of care will decline
- Most think Obama believes America is unfair/discriminatory while 69% disagree with him
- Majorities think interest rates will climb and they express little confidence in the stimulus plans
53% approve, 39% disapprove
PRINCETON, NJ — Amidst President Obama’s push in July to revamp the nation’s healthcare system, Gallup finds his average job approval rating registering 56% for the seven-day period ending Sunday, down from 59% the previous week. This three percentage point drop is the largest week-to-week decline seen in Obama’s job approval thus far in his presidency, and punctuates a gradual descent from his 66% rating in early May.